Michael Baker is actively seeking a Transportation Practice Leader to join our Transportation group in San Antonio, TX. The right candidate will provide strong leadership of an interdisciplinary team of engineers and designers on transportation projects; satisfying project and customer requirements, technical standards and adherence to quality standards, procedures and protocols; and providing technical support, mentoring and developing junior professional staff.
- Be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership.
- Continually bring in new work and increase backlog while managing client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within the transportation practice to best serve the interest of the client and Michael Baker.
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within Transportation practice to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- Lead plan production for conventional design-bid-build and design-build highway projects.
- Review the work of other professionals – this includes QA/QC, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties.
- Manage project budgets and schedules, interface with client, and prepare/submit invoices.
- Have a broad understanding of all elements of the design of highway transportation facilities, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and traffic related items
- Coordinate with other Project Managers to balance workload and staffing needs.
- Determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation's most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization
- 15+ years in Engineering or Project Management
- 10+ years in a supervisory role
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering or related field
- Master's degree or higher; preferred
- Excellent external and internal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong engineering judgment and solid background in transportation.
- Direct relationships and contacts with TXDOT, Regional Mobility Authority and municipal clients
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Oracle-based ERP Project Financial Reporting System
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Texas or ability to obtain in six (6) months
- Ability to travel up to 25%.