Job ID 80004 Date posted 02/27/2018 Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
What you will be responsible for:
- Managing the practice operations for Thoracic Trauma and Acute Care Surgery a medical practices
- Serve as the primary contact for the practice operations in facilitating collaboration, resolving administrative and financial issues relating to all practice operations.
- Hiring, developing and coaching staff and instituting administrative policies and procedures
- Provide management oversight and develop and implement improvement initiatives within the clinical operations to improve patient satisfaction and quality of care of the practices.
- Responsible for operating efficiencies and cost management. Supports the development of the annual budget and assists division directors and finance analyst to develop capital purchases and monitoring, managing and control expenditures.
- Collaboration with the directors, physicians, service line leadership and system executives to develop, implement and monitor program-specific action plans and accountabilities that align practice goals with Baystate Health mission and strategic plans.
- Collaborates and communicates regularly in order to foster a collaborative, team-based practice, and a positive environment for staff, providers and patients.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Health or Health Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory management experience in healthcare that has included clinical operations or nursing charge
- A combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements
- A broad and thorough knowledge of: physician practice management and resource utilization; financial systems, budget management, reimbursement issues and regulations is required.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills.
Strong customer service skills in a high volume setting.
Initiative and ability to work independently
- Location – Medical Office Building 2 Medical Office Drive
- FTE oversight for approximately 10 FTEs
- Resume required