Under the general direction of the Director of Business Operations for Medical Education, this position is responsible for the overall success of a large group practice. Provides leadership, direction, administration and coordination of all practice activities and works with the Medical Director and Clinical Nurse Manager on those activities that directly involve professional medical judgment. Responsible for fiscal management of the practice. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to manage staff and operations to ensure delivery of optimal patient care
- Ability to organize, communicate and implement departmental goals and program objectives within the perspective of Florida Hospital’s mission and values
- Multi-tasking ability (Preferred)
- Problem-solving (Preferred)
- Organizational skills (Preferred)
- Customer service and communication skills(Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in health or business administration, or equivalent combination of related experience and education
- 5 years of healthcare management experience in a group practice environment
- Master’s degree in business or healthcare administration
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Licensed RN (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Office Manager (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Administers practice and organizational policies and procedures as directed in a consistent and timely manner. Coordinates/Evaluates daily operations of the assigned practice including clerical, nursing, specific functions and activities including information systems, accounting, human resources, payroll, material management engineering and other support services. Maintains practice during periods of staff absence, including the use/scheduling of the clerical/clinical floats that may be available. Screens, interviews and hires qualified applicants for open positions.
- Maintains/oversees functions for assigned practice as outlined in the Practice Manager Check List.
- Facilitates the professional development of staff. Accepts responsibility for maintaining and updating knowledge of all new and existing policies and procedures and educates staff. Determines training and development programs for support staff and arranges opportunities for education. In addition, implements and assists in the training program for all new employees utilizing the orientation check list and developing an orientation plan for each position.
- Recommends facility improvements and routinely evaluates office space utilization. Maintains a clean and professional appearing physical plant in accordance with the professionalism/environmental policy. Maintains and updates patient and practice information brochures and works with marketing representative, as appropriate.
- Assures compliance with local, state, federal rules and regulations and accrediting bodies, including OSHA, CLIA, ADA, and other regulatory entities. In addition, participates actively in safety, infection control and quality assurance efforts.
- Manages practice to budget.
- Takes active role in increasing patient volume by routinely reviewing access points into the practice to ensure efficiency and professionalism of appointment staff, front desk, triage, referral, physicians, schedules etc. Continuously strives to improve patient satisfaction and the patient experience by achieving a score of 4.69 on the quarterly patient satisfaction questionnaire.
- Responsible for the implementation of Medical Education responsibilities to respond as a First Aid Station to any declared disaster by the hospital.
- Meets monthly with the staff to inform them of needs, developments and receive information from them regarding the operation of their areas or department and maintains meeting minutes. Meets with Director as requested. Meets monthly with physicians/Medical Director to discuss administrative issues and carry out educational objectives of Medical Education.
- Works under pressure and stress, managing time effectively; Works well within the organizational framework to achieve hospital/departmental goals and objectives including, but not limited to the facility Business Plan.