$100K — $150K *
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Delivery Practice Managers (DPM) that can manage, develop and guide customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions, including innovative solutions using agile frameworks. A DPM will focus on a geography and a set of technical specialties, and will manage a team of direct reports. The DPM will develop a long-term plan to develop the right skills across its team. The team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
As the person in this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of engagements to customers across the continent. You will expedite stakeholder alignment, team cohesion and risk mitigation while ensuring feedback loops close the engagement lifecycle. You will assist in training internal teams in agile development/framework best practices, utilize the framework to accelerate both innovation and migration scenarios with customers and be a strategic business partner. Location flexible, as long as you are located in a major metropolitan hub in the US. Preference given to the following locations: Chicago, Dallas, Austin
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
Leadership – build and lead a team of individuals across North America who will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects with our most strategic customers. Hire, develop and retain top talent. Set objectives, manage performance and coach your team to help them achieve their career goals.
Advisory – Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
Training – Teach customers, partners and internal teams on our agile delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate on the current methodology
Partnering – Conduct partner enablement briefings and trainings to further scale adoption of the delivery framework
Drive a consistent project/engagement experience for our customers thru our Engagement Manager community
Solutions - This includes participating in pre-sales, on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, proposing and delivering ProServe offerings such as mass migration programs, and help develop custom solution engagements.
Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, media/entertainment, and healthcare/life sciences.
Delivery - Deliver and manage multi-stream technical engagements with partners and customers. Create and deliver executive level and detailed status reports that properly communicates a project’s progress and financials tailored to the audience. The Engagement Manager is responsible for managing customer expectations, managing AWS delivery consultants, and managing the scope and budget of each individual project.
Feedback - Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback and lessons learned.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Manage a team in excess of 10 people whose primary responsibility is program/project management in a professional services environment
· 5+ years’ hands on experience leading the delivery of multiple enterprise-level IT consulting projects using Agile/Iterative methodologies
· Mentored, coached or trained other project/engagement managers, the business or customers on agile best practices, frameworks and/or methodologies
· Experience utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver engagements/projects
· Experience with Agile and Project Management (APM) toolsets (e.g. Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc). Sprinting with backlogs managed in these toolsets.
· Deep and advanced experience and understanding of leading Agile ecosystems (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban) and Lean systems thinking.
· Able to lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
· Has at least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
· AWS Experience and Certifications.
· Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
· Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company.
· Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies.
· Bachelor's Degree in STEM, MBA or Masters in Computer Science.
· Has presented to Sr. Managers/Directors as well as to technical subject matter experts. Routinely engages at these levels with customers, as well as with their consulting partners
· FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) for Salesforce
· One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
· Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
Valid through: 11/15/2020