Oversees the day-to-day operations, ensuring a high-quality patient/family experience. Monitors and improves revenue generation and operational efficiency of the Scottish Rite Surgery Practice. This practice includes 7 MDs and 8 APPs. The practice is extremely busy, performs over 4,000 cases per year, not including clinic visits.
- Bachelor's and Master’s degrees in Business Administration, Health Administration, or related field
- No professional certifications required
- 5 years of experience in operations with strong financial, human resources, and systems background
- Experience in a physician practice setting
- Demonstrated experience in various systems/software/technology components, e.g., Microsoft, Epic
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Ability to operate independently
- Able to plan and manage time effectively and execute projects to completion with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills and ability to build productive relationships across various levels of the organization
- Personal organization and time management
- Human relations and teamwork
- Personal adaptability and motivation
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions, as well as possessing excellent writing skills
- Analytical skills to resolve highly complex problems requiring the application of scientific or technical principles, theories, and concepts and in-depth, cross-functional, experienced-based knowledge
- Ability to identify and resolve important ethical, strategic, and operating problems that require innovative solutions based on extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Ability to effectively manage employees within assigned practice
- Ability to persuade and negotiate with peer level managers on issues and programs that impact assigned practice
- Partners with clinical operations leaders to direct day-to-day practice operations, including staffing, resources, access, patient throughput, reporting, and operational issues.
- Assesses, identifies, and implements opportunities for additional gains in access, quality, revenue, and expense control.
- Provides onboarding and continued support to providers, e.g., schedules, expense reimbursement, clinic initiatives, and staff concerns.
- Forecasts and develops operational and capital budgets, providing monthly and ad hoc statistical data interpretation and variance reporting with timely immediate corrective action plans.
- Manages practice-based revenue cycle charge capture and reconciliation, collections, internal controls, coding, and denial monitoring.
- Ensures back end processes and/or supports seamless transactions and processes that impact patient throughput and financial viability in a practice.
- Ensures structure addresses changes in technology, operational processes, and practice needs.
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders, communicating progress towards key performance indicators.
- Partners with the corresponding entity for non-employed leased physicians and clinical staff needs and manages invoices and timely reimbursement.
- Identifies and resolves important ethical, strategic, and operating problems that require innovative solutions based on extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Oversees and directs administrative activities, including current operational policies and procedures and internal/external reports and correspondence.
- Maintains open lines of communication and positive working relationships with staff, physicians, and key system partners.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for business development and expansion opportunities.
- Oversees implementation of all expansion projects.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to remain current in changing healthcare trends as relates to management of clinic operations.
- Understands and applies management information, concepts, and principles to practice operations, including risk management, compliance, information management, planning, marketing, governance, organizational dynamics, human resources, and financial management.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and leading a team including: interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing, and rewarding employees.
- Mentor team members to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Encourage ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.
Requisition #: 19910