At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in California – and among the top five in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center is an accredited National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center. The NCI-Designation recognizes the scientific leadership, resources, and the depth and breadth of the research in basic, clinical and population science.
As a Comprehensive Cancer Center, we demonstrate the added depth and breadth of research as well as substantial transdisciplinary research that bridges these scientific areas. The clinical services encompass adult and pediatric tumors across three campuses as well as regional satellite locations. The clinical cancer program is one of the largest clinical services at UCSF Medical Center and encompasses roughly 230 non-physician FTEs, 90+ cost center, and dozens of grant and philanthropic funding sources. At the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center we are truly pioneering care and leaders in all areas of cancer clinical care and research.
We are routinely voted a top 10 program by U.S. News and World Report.
Manages the operations of healthcare practices(s) to include fiscal, human resources and practice management operations.
- Minimum three years overall experience in related field
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent combination of experience / training
- Clinic / center management experience, with progressive expertise in practice management, scheduling, customer-service methods, incident reporting, regulatory compliance, accreditation requirements, and information technology
- Proven ability to organize, manage multiple priorities, and delegate and delegate work functions efficiently
- Demonstrated managerial skills and human resources management knowledge, including staff deployment, resource utilization, budgeting and financial management, quality improvement, and program planning and implementation
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills to convey complex information, instructions, and guidelines in a clear, concise, and specific manner, and to influence and persuade all levels of staff
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare and clinic operations information technology, including billing systems and patient care workflows and processes
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, as well as related legislative, accreditation, licensing and compliance environments
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center’s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Job ID: 15909