Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.
A senior leadership position is available for our Water group in North Carolina. The position can be based in Raleigh, Charlotte, or Winston-Salem.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with project teams and business line leadership and will be responsible for the quality of technical services and for the development of new clients/opportunities. The primary responsibility is to organize and oversee client and pursuit development activities through collaborative approach with existing local and regional project/pursuit teams.The successful candidate will be required to develop and implement strategies and motivate others to deliver on targeted objectives.
- Lead business development and marketing by building new and existing client relationships
- Lead proposal development, including scope, budget, schedule, contract negotiations and managing client relations to ensure complete satisfaction
- Serve as an Account Manager for key accounts
- Participate directly in projects as a Principal In Charge or Project Manager
- Mentor technical staff
- Maintain a high profile externally through membership in professional organizations, continually increasing client contact base
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or science-related field is required. A MS or higher degree is desirable.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in professional engineering services, preferably in the water/wastewater industry
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of North Carolina or the ability to obtain registration within six (6) months of hire
- Proven track record of success in winning and managing water/wastewater projects
- Highly organized and self-motivated, resilient under stress, team oriented
- Demonstrated expertise in Water/Wastewater and Water Resources
- Seen as a leader, as a result of your technical, industry and competitive knowledge
- Strong professional interpersonal skills, especially communication and team building
- Highly effective verbal and written communicationHighly ambitious and a desire to lead a rapidly emerging market area for Stantec