Are you a critical thinker with a passion to sell? This is your opportunity to give your talents and passions new purpose by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford.
As the Practice Leader in National Accounts at The Hartford, you’ll be responsible for the casualty lines of National Accounts (typically accounts with more than 500 employees) which are written utilizing loss sensitive plans, such as large deductibles and self-insured retentions. The Practice Leader will solicit new business opportunities from brokers located in the Texas hub (Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana), as well as manage a renewal book of business. The Practice Leader will also rigorously analyze underwriting information to assess and price the risk for each account and develop a sales strategy for new business opportunities.
- Creatively use underwriting tools, techniques and program structures to write profitable business while maintaining disciplined adherence to underwriting and service standards.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with national and large regional brokers assigned to you.
- Successfully execute your territorial business plan to achieve financial objectives.
- Achieve annual growth objectives for your territory by building a robust pipeline of viable opportunities and displaying strong sales behaviors to successfully acquire new accounts.
- Achieve annual account retention objectives through effective account stewardship practices.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external partners to ensure that your accounts receive a high level of service.
- Maintain satisfactory underwriting quality control standards.
- At least five years of experience handling loss-sensitive accounts.
- Strong sales-acumen. Must have strong relationships with area brokers and agents as well as the ability to quickly build new relationships.
- Able to coordinate service team to meet day to day demands.
- Able to articulate the benefits of strong loss prevention programs, proactive claims management and effective RMIS capabilities.
- Strong organizational and workflow management skills. Ability to work independently.
- Able to seek out and attract new business opportunities within a defined territory.
- Proven track record of strong sales practices and excellent presentation skills to brokers and clients
- College degree in finance, accounting, economics or insurance is strongly preferred.
- Operate under the mindset of The Hartford’s Behaviors: Deliver Outcomes, Operate as a Team Player, Build Strong Partnerships and Strive for Excellence.
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you’ll be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.