Practice Lead - Network, Security, Data Center
Black Box Corporation (NASDAQ: BBOX) is a leading technology solutions provider dedicated to helping customers design, build, manage, and secure their IT infrastructure. Our service offerings include unified communications, data infrastructure and managed services.
Headquartered in Lawrence, Pennsylvania, Black Box Network Services has the largest footprint in the industry, with approximately 75 locations serving 141 countries. With almost 3500 team members worldwide, we serve more than 175,000 customers in every major industry sector.
The Practice Lead role provides leadership and pre-sales engineering technical support and services to our clients. Focused on defining solutions and service offerings by leading sales engineers and actively participating in pre-sales activities. Proactively develops innovative solutions and programs to enhance business opportunities.
- Serves as the technical leader and first line management for a team of Network, Security and Data Center Sales Engineers.
- Direct management responsibilities for Engineering support activities including one or more of the following: design and delivery of professional services consulting, client solutions development, sales presentations planning and delivery and overall Sales Engineering solutions integrity.
- Provides oversight of complex solutions and services development to achieve customer business outcomes and requirements.
- Provides technical mentoring and coaching to team members including creation of development plans, and assisting with technical and sales-related direction.
- Interfaces with senior-level customer contacts, identifies customer needs and adds technical expertise to customer solutions through industry knowledge and insight.
- Prioritizes opportunities to drive the greatest value for our clients.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of new/evolving applications and related architectures by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Develops methodologies and client deliverables to assist in the discovery and assessment of client business requirements, complex technical solutions and services designs that meet client business objectives and outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with an educational focus on Engineering, Technical Management, Engineering Technology, or Computer Science.
- 10+ years within the wireless industry, with experience in emerging technologies
- Ability to lead and mentor an engineering and consulting team with technical understanding and focus
- In depth experience with Cisco, HP and other related ecosystem partners.
- Ability to analyze information and applytroubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong client-facing presentation skills