Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 73 days ago
The Practice Innovation Attorney is dedicated to supporting our practice groups, matter teams and attorneys in the delivery of efficient and high quality legal services. This professional will serve as an internal consultant and a liaison between the practice of law and the delivery of efficient legal services.
He or she will play a critical role in the design and cycle of improvement as Orrick pursues its industry leading role of delivering innovative, top tier client service. Consequently, it is crucial that this Practice Innovation Attorney possess a solid understanding of the practice of law as well as a creative and industrious mindset that facilitates innovation and efficiency.
• Coordinating and leading efforts with practice groups and individual attorneys to develop and improve the use of practice content to streamline the firm's legal services
• Supporting and leading projects to improve the delivery of our legal services, including process mapping, project planning, and resource integration
• Developing and delivering training on practice content, resources, and the efficient delivery of legal services
• Evaluating and benchmarking the firm’s services and tools through external benchmarking and competitive intelligence
• Instituting workflows and processes to improve the utilization of practice content
• Communicating and consulting with administrators, attorneys, paralegals and staff on the firm’s practice content, efficiency and legal service initiatives and projects
• Developing and maintaining internal practice resource content
• Assisting with marketing, business development and client-related materials about the firm’s practice resources, tools, and efficiency initiatives.
• Juris doctorate (J.D.) from an accredited university or college is required.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience as an attorney in a large law firm.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex ideas to attorneys, managers, clients, and the general public.
• Committed to solving practical problems and taking care of a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization and/or specific direction exists.
• Excellent analytical, project management, prioritization, and organization skills.
• Able to work independently with excellent judgment, handle multiple tasks at a time, and quickly prioritize projects.
• Ability to work collaboratively and build positive relationships at all organizational levels.
• Flexible dedicated teammate with ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, coupled with a positive outlook; excellent public relations and tact skills.
• Familiarity with best practices and technology to manage workflows, documents and communications.
• Availability to travel as necessary.
• Passionate about the importance and relevance of knowledge management, practice and project management and efficiency to help the firm meet its overall business plan.
• Ambition, high energy, and initiative to work beyond the position’s written duties and assist as needed.