The Practice Director shall provide leadership, management and execution of the strategic vision that is necessary to ensure consistency across all of physician practices within the Central Region. The Practice Director will participate in the development and setting of the strategic direction to appropriately integrate short-term and long-term goals in accordance with policies and procedures of HHCMG. The Director will drive continuous improvements in such a way as to ensure superior customer service and patient care in a highly efficient and cost effective environment.
- Builds a committed high performance team across multi-disciplinary roles for the practices by acting as the key leader for the supported practices. Incorporates evidence based practice - nurtures commitment to common vision and shared values.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring through the articulation of performance enhancement accountabilities. Develops and communicates clear performance expectations, monitors work, and challenges individuals to achieve their potential. Hires and retains the highest quality staff. Achieves employee engagement and provides individual and group recognition to cultivate high morale and motivation of staff and ensuring demonstrating of Hartford Healthcare leadership behaviors.
- Ensures superior customer service by providing senior level guidance and support in development and management of customer and employee and physician relationships within the practices. Continuously measures patient satisfaction and makes improvements where appropriate and promotes great patient experience. Assists the local managers in resolving patient complaints that may be improved through an amended process. Assures effective revenue cycle operations.
- Participates in development and implementation of policies and procedures that directly impact patient care and achieve established operating metrics and increase profitability. Structures business disciplines to facilitate quick and informed decisions, and ensures accountability for execution. Facilitates development of improvements through integration and standardization of operations across the program(s). Ensures compliance with all internal policies and external regulations.
- Creates, implements and drives improvement efforts through effective staff involvement in the practices, project management and communication through LEAN methodologies and H3W initiatives.
- Drives the development and execution of short and long term business plans and corresponding budgets by collaborating with physician leaders and administration in strategic planning and marketing for practices. Executes business plans by assigning accountability to appropriate staff and/or physicians, monitoring progress, making appropriate adjustments and finding solutions to obstacles.
- Maximizes and leverages resources, collaboration and efficiency, and communicates in a manner that fosters understanding, commitment and results. Serve as a member of the various council/governance structures as deemed appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree in business or healthcare administration or related field is required. Additional advanced clinical or business credentials preferred. Master's degree highly desirable
- Ten years plus practice management experience with expertise in operational aspects of primary or specialty care
- Strong experience as a leader and developer of high performing teams and employees
- Strong operational leadership skills, including experience providing business leadership to physicians
- Fiscal understanding of physician practice revenue and reimbursement cycle
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experience developing and using metrics to measure performance of teams, processes, and services
- Strong financial analysis skills and strategic planning. Solid understanding of operational impact on profit and loss and experience creating and managing a budget
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance issues
- Strong human resource management skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Solid change management skills
- Proficiency in computer software applications (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with IDX useful and experience with EPIC is preferred
We take great care of careers.