MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- Physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- Revenue cycle management solutions
- Performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Practice Director (PD) is responsible for the operational, financial and managerial oversight of the anesthesia practice. This role will function as an integral part of the regional team and work directly with the practice leadership structure. The PD is responsible for all coordination, communication and operational support provided to the practice. By working directly with the Corporate Medical Director (CMD) and the practice executive committee and/or leadership committee the PD is responsible for building effective relationships and supporting corporate and divisional initiatives. He/she will be focused on maximizing the quality and efficiency of daily practice functions, and directing the practice strategic growth plan. Effective communication methods and the ability to work with all levels of the organization is needed to evaluate, modify and develop business processes while enhancing local practice profitability and improving daily operations.
The Practice Director will work closely with the physicians of a medical practice developing business strategies, formulating budgets, and dealing with daily operations. The ideal candidate will reside and have 3 plus years working in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Lead and continue to create a premiere local radiology practice in the Las Vegas, Nevada area.
- Lead and partner with physician's and business development to grow the markets.
- Will monitor key practice metrics and implement programs to improve where needed.
- Work with division resources to obtain & approve all pertinent reports in the monitoring of practice performance, efficiency and profitability.
- Evaluate practice productivity and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate and assist all corporate departments to support all service locations.
- Actively identify risks and opportunities in the marketplace, and develop action plans and proformas accordingly.
- Provide oversight to all practice based departments.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in department's efficiency and services performed.
- Takes ownership of special projects, researches data and follows through with detailed action plans.
- Actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare administration, Masters degree highly desirable.
- Must be familiar with the Las Vegas, Nevada territory in order to build relationships.
- Must have 5 years prior relevant experience in management, healthcare administration or radiology.
- Must have experience and background in revenue cycle management or finance.
- Must have experience working closely with Physicians.
- Must have strong computer skills to include ERP systems and Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint).