Serve as a marketing strategist for the practice groups and teams contained within the firm's Litigation section: Work closely with the practice group and team leaders to develop and implement marketing and business development activities for the assigned areas. The Practice Development Manager will work collaboratively with firm-wide marketing resources, including the Sr. Business Development Managers and Marketing Coordinators, while sharing "best practices" with other Practice Development Managers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Become familiar with the practice, clientele, sources of business and related resources (e.g., trade and industry organizations, publications, related professionals) for the section and assigned practice groups and teams.
- Spearhead the development of, as well as implement and track, business plans for the assigned practice groups.
- Develop and manage practice group and team budgets.
- Coordinate and manage practice rankings and surveys for assignments groups and teams, including coordinating annual Chambers schedule
- Manage major events for assigned practice groups and teams
- Manage pitch book requests and notifications for assigned practice groups and teams
- Strategize with the groups and teams to identify appropriate marketing activities and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain collateral materials, including brochures, deal or case lists, practice descriptions and other Web site content.
- Plan and participate in all assigned practice group and team meetings.
- Assess opportunities and assist in developing responses to RFP's and pitches for new business.
- Identify and direct practice group research efforts for the assigned areas, including trends and issues, targeted companies, etc.
- Seek opportunities to leverage practice group or team successes to other firm practice groups, offices or teams. Identify opportunities to cross sell assigned practice group services across the firm.
- Work with the Database Manager to create and maintain databases for assigned practice groups and teams, and utilize Interaction database as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Area Marketing Coordinators to organize activities for the assigned practice groups and activities that are "on the ground" in other offices, such as seminars, events, sponsorships, etc.
- Take an ownership approach to the assigned practice areas.
- Creative, outward-looking, confident, capable of bringing new ideas to the practice groups and teams.
- Team player, facilitator, manager, client-service orientation.
- Strategic, high energy, results oriented and detail oriented.
- Articulate. Excellent writer and communicator.
- 6-10 years experience, preferably in legal or professional services marketing environment.