Named one of the Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine, at Cornerstone Research you will be part of a thriving team of more than 700, spanning eight offices, comprising more than 40 nationalities, and leading the industry in its commitment to develop team members across all levels.
You’ll Love it Here If You…
- Are thoughtful and open to learning
- Have a high bar for excellence
- Believe that teamwork leads to success; #onefirmfirm!
- Always do things the right way, even if it’s harder
- Are truly committed and passionate about what you do
About the Role
The Practice Area Manager’s primary responsibility will be to support the two Finance/Financial Institutions (F/FI) Practice Area directors and other practice area leaders in the management and delivery of projects and activities for the practice. Projects and activities will relate to business development and marketing; expert development; knowledge sharing and skills development; staffing and mentoring; and the management of relevant databases.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful
- Gather, organize and manage information via databases for use by the practice area and clients (including proprietary databases).
- Conduct research and analyses, and draw relevant conclusions.
- Prepare summaries and reports for use by the practice area and clients.
- Support practice area consultants and clients in access to and use of databases Support content development for practice area communications and meetings.
- Assist with practice area strategic plan development and execution.
- Collaborate with corporate staff and practice area consultants to execute projects.
- Provide project management, organization, research, and analysis in support of the key initiatives and development of the relevant practice areas.
- Provide ongoing feedback and input to continuously improve, implement, streamline and maintain processes and procedures.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or other quantitative discipline; advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in economic/litigation consulting, ideally with previous experience in Finance or Financial Institutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong data and analytical skills including statistics and the ability to structure data for analysis, and manipulate, analyze, and effectively present and interpret data to develop insights.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels in the organization and cultivate working relationships. Ability to communicate with clients as needed.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office programs, and ideally R programming/software.
What Will Differentiate You
- Leadership: the desire to take initiative and actively contribute to the team and firm
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Business Acumen: the capability to learn the firm’s financial and operational functions
- Client Service: the mindset to provide superior service