PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR -- MICHIGAN ENT & ALLERGY SPECIALISTS
Seeking experienced Medical Group Practice Administrator. Outstanding medical group practice with 6 locations. The MI ENT team specializes in ear, nose, throat, and allergy care - from more common procedures such as ear tube replacement, tonsillectomy, in office sinus surgery and allergy testing and treatment, to evaluation and surgical treatment of thyroid nodules as well as skin cancers of the head and neck.
Seeking professional, experienced, well trained Practice Administrator to join our excellent team.
Practice Administrator manages, directs and supervises: Mid-Level Managers, Audiologists, Mid-Level Providers, Employed Physicians. Reports directly to the managing partner.
Experience: Minimum 5 to 15 years' experience in medical group management in a leadership role, with proven performance in managing and directing a successful physician group practice
Education Required: 4 year undergraduate- Bachelors degree. Preferred - Master's Degree in Business or a Health Related field
Performance Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires ability to analyze and communicate relevant data and uses creativity in planning, problem solving, goal setting and decision making.
- Exhibits high energy level; is able to seize opportunities and is also action oriented.
- Requires ability to deal with ambiguity, cope effectively with change (can "shift gears" comfortably) and deal with multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously. Also is willing to take risks and to analyze successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Demonstrates managerial courage; also provides direct, current and complete feedback to others. Also demonstrates leadership philosophies which are firmly grounded in a team mentality and approach
- Exhibits composure and is poised under pressure. Can manage personal stress and deals with frustration in a positive manner. Seeks to find common ground in confrontation.
- Reflects high professional standards in interactions with others (i.e., fairness, empowerment, tact, motivation, etc.). Listens and values other points of view or opinions. Promotes integrity and trust.
- Recognizes needs of subordinates and provides resources to facilitate goal achievement.
- Consistently exhibits excels behavioral, verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate superior leadership attributes
- Serve as a positive liaison internally between physicians, staff, to our patients and to external professional organizations
- Strong decision making skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of meaningful use, ICD-10 and compliance
- Broad knowledge of physician office operations and prior practice management experience
- EPIC Computer System
- Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Familiar with provider reimbursement mechanisms
- Strong analytical skills in reading and compiling reports for collections, charges, and wRVU data
- Ability to create P&L statements, payroll data, and other reports using Quickbooks
- Highly organized and ability to prioritize tasks
Certification: Basic Life Support Certification – Can be completed upon hire
RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list is not all inclusive.)
- Develop and coordinate a collaborative leadership model where hospital based physician providers, outpatient office practice providers, clinical/nursing providers and community services work together for strategy and planning of patient services. Hiring and termination of employees
- Establish and oversee policies and procedures related to the implementation and management of an effective office
- Identifying and developing an overall leadership structure and team for the service line(s)
- Assists in the development of a structure and framework that integrates physicians into decision making with the service line(s) and significantly involves them in strategic planning and budgeting
- Developing outreach programs and relationships to increase patient referrals in all service areas
- Communicating and relating effectively with all types and levels of people inside and outside the organization; also demonstrating respect for all and building trust.
- Mentoring and evaluating staff performance honestly, fairly and in a timely manner, with emphasis on specific developmental plans for performance improvement and individual employee development.
- Confronting conflict directly and leading by example to promote an environment in the department(s) and organization that allows for fairness, equity and cooperation.
- Directing quality initiatives, planning implementation and completing evaluations of indicators and results
- Collaborates with all levels of nursing staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stake holders.
- Attends and participates in department meetings and is accountable for all information shared.
- Compiling financialreports and data for monthly business meetings
- Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department specific education within established timeframes.
- Assists as necessary with payroll, accounts payable, check writing and compliance standards within the organization.
Michigan ENT and Allergy Specialists has the right to modify the duties and functions of the job description based on the needs of the organization.
Qualified and interested candidates should email current resume to:
Richard Ballard, Senior Director of Research -- RBallard - at - CokerGroup - dot - com