At Perpetua, we're looking for a PR strategist to help amplify the reach of our stories and grow our industry presence.
But, we're not looking to hire just anyone...this role requires someone with strong skills in both marketing and sales. You're selling the vision we see for the future in the form of stories, and building strong, lasting relationships. We're looking for someone who can think big, develop strategic campaigns and leverage data-driven storytelling to strengthen our reputation as a leader in eCommerce advertising.
You'll be successful in this role if you can land Perpetua's team of experts and thought-leaders in the world's most notable publications. You'll set up interviews with some of the industry's most regarded journalists and ensure Perpetua always makes the "hottest/top/fastest-growing" lists.
As a result, Perpetua will dominate Google searches — in some cases, doubling web traffic — and will have a growing and highly-engaged community.
What you'll do
- Plan global publicity strategies and campaigns
- Build strong relationships with journalists and media partners including influencers and content creators
- Manage enquires from public, the press and related orgnizations
- Analyze and track media coverage and brand mentions
- Secure organic and lucrative speaking opportunities for Pepretua's internal thought leaders
- Organize and co-ordinate Perpetua's presence at events and conferences
- Stay up to date with industry trends, news and best practices
- Work with Perpetua's content and growth marketers to ensure Perpetua's editorial calendar and themes are aligned with macro industry trends
- Own Perpetua's social channels and build a thriving and engaged community
- You have at least 5 years experience in public relations or brand management
- You're a born communicator and have a deep understanding of communications
- You've got hustle. You'll be working with multiple people and teams, in high pressure environments. You're familiar with the speed at which the media and the tech industry moves and have experience meeting and exceeding those expectations.
- You're an excellent writer with impeccable attention to detail
- You probably use social media a little too much and have an engaged community of your own
- You enjoy reading about startups, tech and culture in your spare time
Bonus points if
- You have experience in media or B2B/SaaS
- You have eCommerce or marketplace domain expertise
- You have landed a story in AdWeek, AdAge, The New York Times, Bloomberg, Fast Company, TechCrunch or Business Insider
- You have an accessible network for influencer outreach and content syndication
- You have experience with SEO and content best practices for organic search and social
About the company (benefits)
- Work that will have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company
- Meaningful equity
- Ground floor opportunity
- Catered lunches from Toronto's best restaurants
- Full benefits plus a health spending account
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
- Flexible time off policy
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.