Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic is a world leader in providing health care products that benefit individual’s well-being. Our organization contributes directly to this mission; we deliver Mobile App software for Medtronic’s connected insulin pumps and glucose sensors.
The Medtronic Diabetes Mobile App software development team writes the iOS and Android Apps which enable connecting our patients to their devices and ease the burden of diabetes on their day to day life. We are looking for an experienced Mobile App architect who can help us continue to make our products more connected and responsive to patient’s needs.
A Day in the Life
A Mobile Software Architect is responsible for the analysis, design, documentation, programming, application software to ensure product readiness for release for commercial use. Works closely with project managers, QA, System, and UX team members to ensure compliance with project needs.
You will be the key interface of the Mobile software team with other software teams and functions and participate in change control and risk analysis activities as part of the software quality process.
Key Technical Competencies:
• Provide deep technical expertise in all aspects of solution design and application development for specific business environments. Focus on setting technical direction on groups of applications and similar technologies as well as taking responsibility for technically robust solutions encompassing all business, architecture, and technology constraints.
• Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
• Promote software engineering best practices for either iOS or Android Mobile software development.
• Initiates communication with members of other departments and other members of development to ensure effective implementation.
• You can interpret, understand, and provide feedback on software requirements for a project. This includes performing requirement analysis to determine completeness and compliance with software system. You can work with requirement management tools.
Key Leadership Competencies:
• You will coach other engineers on how to successfully implement the software architecture and review designs and architectures of the development team
• You hold yourself accountable deliver on commitments.
• You have a desire to help improve patient’s lives and will hold yourself accountable to the rigors of developing software for medical devices.
• You demonstrate accountability for your decisions and can articulate rationale without being defensive.
• You view mistakes as learning opportunity and supports an environment of continuous improvement.
You could be responsible for:
• Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
• Determines systems software design requirements.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
• Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUMEEducation Required• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering /Sciences field
Years of Experience• 7+ years of experience of designing and developing mobile applications or 5+ years with a Master’s degree.
Nice to Have