It thrills you to discover new things from uninformative raw data. Be part of Data team focused on transforming how chronic disease is managed through application of modern data science & engineering application solutions, catering to both your engineering mentality and desire to make a difference in world. With access to large amounts of related data, you will help create data solutions that simplify chronic disease care and improve clinical outcomes.
ADVANCED INSULIN MANAGEMENT is focused on serving patients in need of insulin pump therapy. This business unit is focused on driving increased automation to our insulin pump platform, to maximize the time people are within a set target glucose range. The ultimate goal is to develop a fully automated closed loop system. You would be central to making this happen.
Our strategy is to become a holistic diabetes management company focused on making a real difference in outcomes and cost. We want to transform healthcare toward value-based models by driving both product and business model innovation with the goal of elevating patient experience, improving clinical outcomes and lowering the total cost of care for our customers.
A Day in the Life
• Identify novel ways to apply machine learning and help drive our data science roadmap.
• Apply machine learning and advanced statistical methods to derive novel insights from vast amounts of medical devices data (CGM, Insulin pumps & pens, Meter BG).
• Design, implement, test and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning models in a production environment.
• Work closely with the engineering team to build infrastructure for data science.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest techniques and approaches in machine learning and statistical analysis.
• Ability to communicate analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Develops, inspects, mines, transforms, and models data to raise productivity, improve decision making, and gain competitive advantage.
• Conducts statistical analysis on data and information to ensure correct predictive forecasting or classification.
• Manages all aspects of end-to-end data processing utilizing customized report building functions of systems.
• Maintains analytical systems, verifies the accuracy of the data, and acts as a liaison to the business.
Must Have - Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s with 7+ years of experience, Master’s with 5+ years of experience or a Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience. Degree must be in statistics, Math, Computer Science or similar field.
• Experience in Python, R or similar data-science scripting language
• Experience in using SQL for advanced data analysis and visualization
Nice to have:
• Strong track record in building machine learning models using real-world large datasets, that work in production with positive outcomes
• Prior experience with Spark and the AWS stack
• Experience with Tensorflow or H20.AI libraries
• Proficient in relational database management systems with knowledge of non-relational database systems
• Experience with statistical modelling
• Background in healthcare & diabetes physiology
• Understanding of FDA regulations including (ISO) 13485
Medtronic has amazing benefits:
Industry Leading Healthcare
Competitive Retirement and Stock Programs
Educational Resources and Financial Assistance
Family Care Leave
Matching Gift and Volunteer Grants
Opportunities to Network and Grow
Flexible Paid Time Off
Well-being Resources, Activities and Rewards
A “Thank-You” Culture