Help us tame our data. Be part of Data team focused on transforming how chronic disease is managed through application of modern data science & engineering application solutions, catering to both your engineering mentality and desire to make a difference in world. With access to large amounts of related data, you will help create data solutions that simplify care and improve clinical outcomes.
Medtronic Diabetes is focused on transforming diabetes care for better freedom and great health, serving patients across the continuum of diabetes. Our goal is to become a holistic diabetes management company focused on making a real difference in outcomes and cost. We want to transform healthcare toward value-based models by driving both product and business model innovation with the goal of elevating patient experience, improving clinical outcomes and lowering the total cost of care for our customers. Data driven applications and you would be central to making this happen
A Day in the Life
• Design and develop secure data processing platforms for predominantly real time data analytics & data science algorithms.
• Build and design a robust distributed data processing systems architecture that is highly scalable and performant.
• Establish and adhere to strong data engineering best practices.
• Keep up with and implement modern data solutions.
• Own deliverables from ideation to operating in production, i.e., “If you build it, you run it.”
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Develops, inspects, mines, transforms, and models data to raise productivity, improve decision making, and gain competitive advantage.
• Conducts statistical analysis on data and information to ensure correct predictive forecasting or classification.
• Manages all aspects of end-to-end data processing utilizing customized report building functions of systems.
• Maintains analytical systems, verifies the accuracy of the data, and acts as a liaison to the business.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
? Bachelor’s with 7+ years of experience, Master’s with 5+ years of experience or a Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience. Degree must be in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Math, or similar field.
? Experience in data engineering field.
? Experience with cloud-native, microservice-based, software architectures.
? Proficiency in at least one programming language – Python, Java, Golang etc.
? Experience in modern data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, etc.
? Proficiency with relational database technologies
? Experience in NoSQL technologies including graph, document, and key-value data storage technologies.
Nice to Have:
• Passion about code and data quality.
• Experience with AWS offerings such as Lambda Step Function framework, AWS Glue, Redshift, etc.
• Experience with application of Continuous Integration/ Delivery
• Understanding of information management & knowledge databases
• Experience with mentoring and managing other technical staff members, engineers and scientists
• Experience in medical device industry
• Understanding of FDA regulations including (ISO) 13485