TULA Skincare is hiring a full time in-house PR & Communications Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role in increasing TULA’s visibility by driving TULA’s business PR strategy, and managing our external agency partner. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the business news cycle and ability to synthesize complex data to translate into compelling insights to secure incremental media coverage across multiple media channels and different audiences.
This role is reporting to the Director of PR and Communications. TULA headquarters are based in Nomad in New York City (but we are working remotely for now!)
- Own relationship with TULA’s b2b press agency- by taking charge of daily operations to drive strong results and secure consistent coverage while ensuring strategic alignment with senior leadership
- Initiate b2b communications projects from ideation to execution. Drive company objectives and strategic priorities by proactively working cross functionally to identify and leverage newsworthy activity
- Leverage knowledge of the media landscape to inject TULA into relevant coverage/conversations happening in the press
- Initiate wide-ranging b2b press outreach, pitching and research including print, broadcast, and online media
- Establish & manage priorities (and tracking KPI’s) for b2b agency to ensure the agency delivers strong results for the company
- Own the TULA X agency calendar and approvals process (for press releases/strategic plans/quotes/interview preparations) and create all core press materials supporting brand announcements (agency briefing notes, key messaging, fact sheets, press releases, and creative pitches).
- Provide deep analysis of b2b coverage for leadership team & founders (both qualitative and quantitative), and track & share all business related media placements. Create the monthly b2b press report & contribute insights to quarterly board presentations
- Lead & develop employer branding strategy across GlassDoor, LinkedIn and other externally-facing platforms.
- Maintain library of data & concepts for pitching stories, brainstorm new ways to pitch brand & product to editors in & outside of beauty
- Secure speaking engagements for brand executives & influencer partners
- Consistently bring new opportunities and ideas to the team
- Develop and grow editor (business/trade/beauty/lifestyle) relationships, maintaining VIP matrix and contact list.
- Initiate new ways & places to share brand communications, prioritize & execute with the Director of PR & VP of Brand & agency.
- Manage b2b awards submissions & strategy
- At least 5 years of PR & communications experience (agency/corporate communications or in-house)
- Strong media relations experience with business press
- Strong business acumen & ability to connect company insights to the news cycle
- Strong project management & cross-functional communication skills
- Strong written communication skills & experience drafting, editing and pitching business related stories
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Desire to flourish in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong sense of business trends and news cycles
- An interest in skincare, health, wellness & news overall!