This role is responsible for building awareness and visibility for PowerSchool while protecting its image through reputation management. The PR & Communications Manager is responsible for telling the PowerSchool story including developing and executing our external communications strategy including messaging, media relations, and relationship development. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the development of content and story angles to drive greater awareness for PowerSchool, including writing press releases, media pitches, customer communications, speaking/award submissions and more
- Create campaign communications strategies detailing key reputation tactics to use with external audiences.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of PowerSchool’s PR function and team
- Manage the customer communication plan including local customer press releases
- Develop and publish content on social media platforms
- Manage participation in relevant industry awards programs
Skills & Requirements
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications
- 5+ years of experience working in public relations or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including creating compelling messages and story development
- Excellent operational and planning skills
- Possess a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use social media channels to deliver and measure marketing content
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously