The Corporate Communications & Public Relations Manager is responsible for managing and leading all Cox Automotive Canada communications to help grow and promote the brand in Canada. This will be accomplished by supporting the strategy, development and implementation of Cox Automotive Canada communications. The successful candidate for this role, will report into the Head of Marketing & Branding, and will work closely with the Cox Automotive Canada brand including the eleven brands across the company.
A key role for the incumbent will be to directly interface with the executive team across Canada and Internationally. This position requires the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and resources across various channels, in a fast-paced environment. This individual must have strong experience in communications and/or Public Relations and demonstrate a high aptitude for writing and both internal and external communication documents. This role will also be integral to the overall Cox Automotive Canada marketing strategy. The candidate must be self-motivated, organized, attention to detail, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Manage internal and external communications for Cox Automotive Canada and all brands.
- Develop and execute written communication to support growth of Cox Automotive and brands in Canada including press releases, newsletters, speech writing and other key documents.
- Responsible for development of written copy to support executive speaking events including corporate key messaging.
- Develop and execute written executive blog publications and digital reports to support the corporate content management strategy.
- Manage all CSR initiatives on a regional and national level ensuring brand consistency and key messaging is adhered to.
- Manage the Public Relations (PR) agency as it relates to media advisories, key messaging, crisis management and media requests.
- Establish strong relationships with key automotive industry media and coordinate all media requests as and when received.
- Measure & report to senior management on the effectiveness of communication and PR initiatives.
- Manage social media content for Cox Automotive Canada and brands to align to overall corporate direction. Be the conduit to the Social Media agency and the internal Marketing Managers to ensure content calendars are on brand and on strategy.
- Collaborate with Cox Automotive International and brands to leverage best practices / synergies where applicable
- Work closely with communications teams across Cox Automotive brands to ensure alignment and expression of individual brand messages when communicating Cox Automotive Canada's messaging
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 5-7 years' experience in PR and/or Corporate Communications. Automotive industry experience preferred, and/or this might include roles in PR agencies or corporate PR departments.
- Strong product knowledge and experience working in the automotive industry, technology or finance sectors.
- Leadership skills and is able to direct, inspire and mentor
- Expert strategic communications planning and analytic skills
- Demonstrated experience in crisis communications planning and delivery
- Deep understanding and network with Canadian media/journalists
- An ability to develop and write for a variety of formats (print, online, speeches, presentations) and audiences
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Bilingual in French & English preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management skills
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, energizing environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines
- Highly collaborative with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to act independently (self-motivated)
- Team player with a positive, energetic attitude