WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
At Carbon Health, you will have the opportunity to help lead communications initiatives at one of the fastest-growing healthcare companies in the world. Together, we'll tell the world how Carbon Health is making great healthcare accessible to everyone through a combination of innovative technology and care delivery.
In this role, you will serve as a key partner to our Head of PR and Communication. You will be responsible for managing external and internal communications, developing national communication strategies that align to our strategic mandates, and executing communication programs that reinforce Carbon Health’s mission-driven culture.
What You'll Do
- Develop creative, effective approaches to communications challenges in the ever-evolving healthcare landscape
- Execute a broad range of external and internal communications programs and initiatives in support of Carbon Health's goals
- Work across internal teams, external partners, and customers to develop and execute strategic communications programs
- Build and own media strategy, proactively mapping out key milestones, stories, events, and announcements
- Establish and foster relationships with local, regional and national media by serving as a trusted source and educator about Carbon Health
- Drive speaking, awards, and thought leadership programs
- Manage inbound inquiries, and drive awareness among key media and internal audiences of Carbon Health's impact on patients and partners
- Design and execute creative internal communications programs and content that keep our growing team aligned and connected to leadership, promote employee engagement, and help to scale Carbon Health’s culture
- 7+ years of related experience within PR, communications, journalism or a related field
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; can formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
- Strong relationships with business, tech, and/or healthcare media, journalists and influencers, and a nose for what’s newsworthy
- Has elevated brand, product, or executive public profiles via external initiatives
- Ideal candidate will have a mixture of B2B and B2C experience with Tech PR and/or Healthcare PR a plus
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.