Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a PR & Communications Manager with Apple Leisure Group. You will produce high-quality content that engages customers and builds brand recognition for Apple Leisure Group’s Vacation brands: Apple Vacations, Blue Sky Tours, CheapCaribbean.com, Funjet Vacations, Southwest Vacations, Travel Impressions and United Vacations. You will create informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our company’s brands, products, and services. You will be an excellent communicator, with solid writing, presentation and organizational skills.
A successful PR & Communications Manager will:
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
- Create public relations, communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, events, and promotions.
- Prepare and analyze detailed media activity reports.
- Work with outside agencies and brand marketing departments to generate new ideas and strategies.
- Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establish and maintain relationships with press, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Respond to public relations and communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Travel industry experience strongly desired.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experienceworking with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- Strong team player attitude
- Self-motivated and ready to take initiative
- Strong writing, spelling, grammar and attention to detail is vital
- Highly creative with ability to think out of box and have a disciplined regard for brand aesthetic
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and data-driven thinking
- Strong time management and follow up skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, clerical and project management skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Flexibility and willingness to conform to changing job responsibilities