Are you able to jump on the phone and convince a skeptical client why your innovative messaging strategy is the best one for their new product?
Would you love to turn on the TV or walk down the supermarket aisle and hear everyone talking about the award-winning PR campaign you helped dream up?
Would you love to take the leap from individual contributor to seasoned manager who leads and inspires others?
If the dynamic personality we just described sounds like you, we would love to have you join us. We're not like every other agency. We're redefining what PR can be through data-driven earned media placements, viral digital marketing, real-time video production, influencer outreach, and content marketing. We’re digital maestros developing strategic communications across all channels. We combine the best parts of a PR agency, digital agency, and advertising agency. With our story-based, data-driven approach, you'll have the tools to turn share-worthy ideas into viral campaigns, and you'll be given the freedom to try new things. As a seasoned professional on our Account team, you'll command respect from big-name clients and media outlets.
- Drive progress forward
- Be at the helm of a number of client projects for Always-On PR, TOP 40 Relationships, Data-Driven PR, Reputation Management and more
- Support Influencer Marketing initiatives as part of the strategy for your PR accounts
- Provide strategic oversight to the team and for our clients.
- Account leadership for brand strategy, digital content creation, web development, online advertising, social media, experiential, mass media, PR and print campaigns.
- B2C, B2B, B2E
- Nurture our client relationships
- Manage multiple account and media relations teams to get more results for our clients
- Develop systems and tools to optimize and enhance our media outreach
- Lead and mentor junior team members to develop industry skills
- Direct our copywriting teams to write better pitches and press releases
- Manage editorial calendars and overall PR plans
- Participate in new business presentations and pitches
- Support organic growth for existing clients
- Update our clients and exceed expectations to ensure client happiness
- Conduct high-energy media training sessions
- Work on agency council brand teams with other ad agencies and digital agencies
- Manage the politics and personalities of working with C-Suite clients at big companies
- Translate client asks into actionable creative briefs and scopes
- 7 + years work experience at a PR, digital, or advertising agency (or else experience in-house at a prominent brand, media outlet, or fast-growing startup)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Bring your own tried and true media contacts to the table
- Ability to read a room and tailor your message and style for the audience
- Ability to act as primary manager and strategist at client meetings
- A natural inclination to stay connected on email, SMS, phone, and social media
- An amazing ability to stay organized and manage complex projects
- Ability to mentor/nurture/and service clients and team
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Your own extensive network of potential media and client contacts
- Experience working on agency teams for large brands with complex marketing campaigns
- Within one week (before the next client status), be able to quickly generate hits and placements
- Keep track of KPI and our client health scores (performance and happiness) weekly
- Iterate strategies and stories solo within a client meeting to improve the situation and relationship
- Ensure the team earns 5-10 hits per week per client
- Train all new PR account team members on our way of very digital and data-driven PR
- Ensure meeting notes are sent out for all meetings within 3 hours
- Ensure agendas are sent out the day before for all client meetings
- Ensure presentations are shared in advance of each meeting
- Develop robust integrated plans quarterly and annually for all PR clients
- Create story arcs in each presentation
- Share 1-3 suggestions per week of things we could be doing or clients should do (thought of as a team for every PR team)
Benefits and Perks:
- We're quick with a joke and it feels like family
- Flexibility to carve out your own niche
- Casual Attire - Wear what you like
- Ability to influence the future of the company
- Snacks, snacks, snacks: Stay fueled with weekly deliveries of the good stuff.
- Health + Dental + Optical Benefits: We care about your wellness and want to help.
- 401k Plan: We match your retirement contributions, so you can save more.
- Personal Development: We'll help you become the best version of yourself.
- Cross-office desk swap abilities with company Airbnb-style lodging in each city
- Work Hard, Play Hard: Life's too short not to have a good time
- Candidate can work from our office in Austin or join from Dallas, Houston or Nashville or be remote
About TOP Agency
TOP is an integrated agency network providing powerful and full-service solutions for the world. We spread ideas and we help to grow brands. We’re proudly independent and composed of subject matter experts and award-winning thinkers, designers, content creators, digital storytellers and developers. We've become the world's fastest-growing PR, social, and digital agency because of our unique story-based and data-driven approach.
If you want the feel of a fast-growing startup with the variety of client work that comes from a top agency, then you've come to the right place.