As part of a unique and highly-skilled team, you'll participate in the development of our Human Landing System (HLS) for landing astronauts and cargo on the moon, as well as other projects executed out of Blue Origin's government segment. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent financial acumen and analytical ability that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role requires strong attention to detail and a passion for providing more than just the financial numbers. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- As part of the Program Planning & Controls (PP&C) team, directly support Integrated Product Team (IPT) leaders with the establishment and management of the Program Management Baseline (PMB)
- Works with IPT leaders and other PP&C team members to support the monthly program business rhythm of budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, change control, and program reporting at the control account level
- Perform analysis and reporting to ensure project baselines are within negotiated and agreed upon budgets
- Lead metrics and financial performance reviews with Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads
- Monitor and control cost to support total program cost management
- Data mining across diverse data sets
- Support to finance business partners with determining budgets, tracking budgets to actuals and other performance metrics
- Support program teams and compile estimate at completion (EACs) at the WBS element and program level
- Work with Program Management and Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads to maintain Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and project charge codes
- Support program risk & opportunity analyses and provide potential solutions. Work with program teams to develop recovery plans and implement mitigation plans in the cost/schedule toolset
- Support proposal preparation
- Assist in the design and program implementation of formalized Performance Measurement and Earned Value Management (EVM) systems, and provide coaching to budget owners
- Support key business analytics and key performance indicator generation
- Support and assist with internal initiatives for new products for internal customers
- Other job duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, or other highly analytical field
- 5-8 years of financial and business analytics experience supporting government or EVMS-required contracts
- Experience with Deltek and COBRA
- Control account management including budget baselining, reforecasting, variance analysis, and managing EACs through EVMS is a prerequisite
- Understanding of underlying business processes and the impact of financial decisions
- Strong analytical skill set and high attention to detail
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel (VBA, Macros, Power Query, Power Pivot)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MBA, or Master's Degree in Finance
- IPMR Customer Deliverables
- P6 Scheduling tool experience
- Experience with Empower analytical tool
- Successful support of programs through DCMA/DCAA, joint site surveillance, or other government audits
- Proposal support including pricing for bids requiring certified pricing
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer . In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.