About the Job Nexant is looking for an Engineer who has prior experience in the analysis and design of distribution systems and distributed energy resources (DERs) such as rooftop PV-solar, distribution-connected battery energy storage systems, electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) and microgrids, as well as studying the impacts of DERs on the distribution system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong technical understanding of planning and operations of power delivery systems, as well as power industry fundamentals and practices.
- Experience using power system modeling and simulation software such as CYME, ETAP for steady state power flow, voltage, short circuit and electromagnetic transients.
- Strong understanding of technical characteristics of DERs such as battery storage, rooftop PV solar, EVSE, smart inverters and microgrids.
- Experience with the high-level design of electrical systems associated with DERs and microgrids, including developing one-line diagrams and high-level cost estimates.
- Basic understanding of the operations and economics of DERs and knowledge of DER design tools such as HOMER and DER-CAM.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards related to DERs such as IEEE 1547.
- Knowledge of protection, harmonic analysis and flicker is a plus.
- Knowledge of DER cost-benefit analysis is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of SCADA, controls and communication in the utility industry is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of building energy management systems is a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of experience in distribution system analysis and the electrical design of DERs.
- Registered Professional Electrical Engineer is a plus.
- Utility experience is a plus
- Must be able to travel locally, nationally or internationally up to approximately 10-15% of the time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.) Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.