The In-Space Vehicles Shared Integrated Product Team (IPT), based in El Segundo CA, oversees the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of satellites. As part of Boeing's Space and Missiles Division, Satellite Systems manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
The successful Early Career Power Systems Engineer (Level 1) will work satellite power subsystem non-recurring and recurring/sustaining efforts and activities including systems engineering of power system elements and capabilities.
- Provide technical support regarding power systems analyses including optimal power management during sunlight and eclipse conditions.
- Assists analyzing and reviewing power system test data and addresses power system anomalies at unit-level, subsystem, and system levels from ground test through on-orbit operations.
- Interfaces with suppliers and otherengineering stakeholders.
- Supports and performs power system analyses and trade studies to determine optimal power system architecture.
- Assists to deliver affordable product cost that meets technical performance within aggressive schedule constraints.
This position is contingent upon award
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Education, Training or Experience in analog and/or digitalcircuit design for power systems.
- Education, Training or Experience conducting verification, test, and/or data analysis.
- Education, Training or Experience involving system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design, analysis and evaluation, verification, or operations of space/ground systems.
- Assists and supports trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict space-based power system performance experience.
- Academic coursework, training or experience with the design and test of space-based electrical power systems
Job ID 1700013817