The Power Systems Design Manager – Network Solutions will lead the ideation, design, and implementation of power systems supporting Crown Castle Infrastructure and Products. The Network Solutions team has a national scope and is responsible for the conception, development, and launch of innovations intended to improve the cost, complexity and velocity of fiber deployment. The scope covered by this team includes but is not limited to innovations on product, process, design, and network architecture. The Power Systems Design Manager– Network Solutions will work closely with teams supporting innovation projects and pre and post GA network products, working directly with members of the engineering and operations teams to introduce, train, customize and support the initial deployment of innovations projects graduating from the testing and development phase to general availability. The Power Systems Design Manager – Network Solutions will define and work with the Business Performance team to publish region specific standards and process documentation and through iteration with members of the Network Solutions team further refine and perfect innovations utilizing the data and feedback collected during the integration cycle.
The Power Systems Design Manager – Network Solutions will work with the Fiber Capital Management team on evaluating cost savings assumptions and refining deployment cost expectations relative to power systems design and implementation.
This role will work with all Fiber Engineering & Operations functional areas on improving the quality of Innovations Team processes, deliverables, and the innovations integration process with Engineering and Ops teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Network Solutions, Product Development and Network Engineering teams in the effort to deploy efficient, scalable telecom power solutions in support of Crown Castle infrastructure and products.
- Work directly with the leaders for the fiber design, fiber construction and field operations teams. Working where applicable with District Directors to help refine, support, and integrate innovations into the engineering and operations playbooks.
- Provide technical and NESC SME support to the negotiation of municipal approvals for innovative power systems
- Track and support the development of KPIs, deliverables, and supporting workflows in order to measure operational performance and identify areas of opportunity for improved process efficiencies and performance.
- Maintain knowledge of technology in use, and/or under development for its impact or potential impact on the operational business process.
- Collaboratively work with other cross functional members of the Operations, Engineering, and Sales teams
- Build company image by collaborating with customers and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
- Track organizational priorities, organize meetings and track action items and create reports, presentations, and other activities as dictated by the business
- Develop and coach both direct employees, as well as ensuring similar opportunities through-out the team. Identify training gaps and create a career path for team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Master’s in engineering preferred
- Active Professional Engineering License preferred (PE)
- Minimum eight (8) years of electrical engineering experience or equivalent work experience required
- Extensive knowledge of NEC and NESC standards
- Knowledge of ILEC Installation Standards.
- Knowledge in AC power, DC battery power plants, DC BDFBs, and power cable sizing
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to lead geographically distributed team who are managing multiple projects and tasks across several areas within the district
- Must have strong cross-functional collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to successfully influence other business functions and engineering teams, including executive management
- The ideal candidate will possess both an expertise in reporting as well as an understanding of workflows, customer needs, and underlying technology
- The candidate must have strong analytical skills and proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and the base set of conditions for their occurrence. Candidate must exhibit the ability to assess the priority and severity of issues by understanding business objectives, technical costs, and user needs as well as weigh alternatives for resolution. Curiosity, initiative, and drive, along with the ability to quickly learn new technology, and a willingness to think strategically and tactically will be critical to success in this position.
- Proven people and project management skills
- Ability to diagnose work flow problems and institute remedies
- The individual must possess and employ the highest ethical and business standards and always conduct himself/herself with the greatest degree of professional integrity.
- Experience in telecommunications power systems design preferred.