This position is for a Power Supply Senior Principal Engineer to work within the Electronics Center of Raytheon's Intelligence and Space (RI&S) Business Unit.
The person hired for this position will work alongside a talented team towards the development of new state-of-the-art systems for space applications that meets our customer's descriptions and requirements.
This position will require the individual to lead, mentor, and provide guidance to small multi-disciplined design teams. This person may also be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for the development of one or more complex modules or units and will interface with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and program stakeholders to ensure objectives are met.
Must have a minimum of 10 years of related industry experience.
- 10+ years of hand-on experience and working with switch mode power conversion.
- Applicant must have the ability to design AC/DC and DC/DC Converters.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of switch mode power converters. Knowledge of AC/DC rectification methods and system power analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of conversion topologies (Flyback, Forward, Push-Pull, Phase-Shifted-Full-Bridge, etc) along with the ability to simulate and model designs.
- Applicant must be able to develop concepts and product designs that are on the cutting edge of technology in the areas of high current, high power (>25kW), low voltage, high efficiency/density, converter designs. Space environment preferred.
- Applicant must have experience with full-cycle development from concept to architecture to design.
- Applicant must have experience with the generation of requirement documents, schematics, and board routing instructions.
- Knowledge of industry standard design and simulation tools is required.
- Working knowledge on the characteristics of magnetics (including inductor/transformer modeling), magnetization inductance, magnetization current, leakage inductance, intra-winding and inter-winding capacitance, self-resonant frequency, characteristics and limitations of magnetic cores, core saturation, core loss, high frequency losses, core reset, winding techniques for optimization of desired magnetics, and design of current transformers.
- Applicant must be capable of developing test plans, procedures and test solutions.
- Applicant must be able to facilitate and work with assemblers.
- Applicant must be able to work in collaboration with multi-discipline team environment.
- Capable of obtaining an U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Project and small team leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management methods are highly desired.
- Able to work independently and within team effort environments.
- Experience in firmware development for power supply applications.
- Knowledge of Expedition/DxDesigner and analysis suite.
- Experience with military and space system applications, requirements, and environmental concerns.
- Active clearance.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other related STEM field.
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering with power electronics concentration.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.