Job Summary: Responsible for Electrical Design Engineering with a focus on the design of power supply and distribution for a variety of Radar and Signal Processing systems. Major Responsibilities/Activities Statements:
- Electrical design tasks including requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, circuit simulation, schematic capture, and board layout for low-voltage of switching power supply solutions.
- Develop solutions utilizing Power Factor Correction, Forward, Boost, Buck, and SEPIC topologies with output power ranges of 10W -150W.
- Design and specify magnetic components
- Engage in all phases of product development, including concept, architecture, design, and test.
- Schedule, cost, and technical responsibility at the board or subsystem level
- Electrical design synthesis at the board or subsystem level
- Simulate, Breadboard, Test and Troubleshoot analog and power conversion circuits and subsystems
- Develop test plans and procedures for electrical power subsystems
- Perform test and evaluation of Electrical boards and systems
- Review and develop technical specifications.
- Design power supply assemblies for specification compliance.
- Verify that designs meet or exceed all requirements and specifications.
- Perform detailed technical analyses and create test and analysis reports.
- Develop technical solutions to known production, reliability, or performance problems.
- Generate design documentation to ensure the delivery of a quality finished product.
- Facilitate design reviews with key stake holders, including Design Engineering, Production and Manufacturing.
- Participate in interdisciplinary design teams and reviews
- Learn and follow company processes for product development, configuration management, purchasing, etc.
- Direct less experienced engineers as part of a design team
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: Required Experience:
- A minimum of 4 - 7 years engineering experience in analog or power electronics design
- Board level design, development and/or testing experience with power distribution and converter systems
- Working knowledge in the selection of switching power supply components: FET Switches, Inductors, Capacitors
- Working knowledge of circuit simulation tools such as SPICE
- Product design experience with repetitive production applications
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to perform detailed analysis
- Experience performing design trade studies comparing functionality, quality, and cost
- Knowledge of basic test equipment
- Working knowledge of Mil-Std-461
- Capable of working independently in a lab environment
- Working knowledge of schematic entry and board layout such as Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and Mentor Graphics PADS
- Familiarity with Configuration Control processes
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD Clearance with a current 5 year update
- Ability to obtain any additional clearances as required
- Matlab or other programming language
- Advanced Engineering Degree
- Experience in the design of electronics for defense or avionics applications