Job ID 60187BR Date posted 02/02/2018 City Columbus State Georgia CountryUS
Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Today, Pratt & Whitney develops game-changing technologies for the future, such as the PurePower® PW1000G engine, with patented Geared Turbofan (GTF) engine technology.
Key Job Requirements Powerplant Engineer:
1. Receive and understand the Special Maintenance Instructions (SMI) document for each shop visit assigned.
2. Author/load aircraft engine repair work scopes into SAP.
3. Provide timely responses to Customer and Engineering technical Questions (IPFs).
4. Work with Process/Production Engineers in executing work scopes and work instructions for engine repairs. (Service Bulletins, advisories, performance requirements and modification requirements)
5. Do appropriate research, supporting and advising other functional areas regarding technical issues related to quality, operations processes, materials and customer support.
6. Seek opportunities to reduce costs and increase quality and efficiency through the use of new materials, processes or technology.
7. Assist with implementation of new materials, processes, tools or technology.
8. Assist in training mechanics, inspectors and others related to various technical issues.
9. Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by complying with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
10. Participate in failure investigations and Problem resolution boards.
11. Be a source of in-depth technical knowledge on the repair and test of the GTF engine.
12. Manage the Shop Visit to ensure all Gate requirements are met in accordance with the Operations Network cadence.
13. Ensure each shop visit workscope is generated in accordance with applicable Engine Maintenance Plan (EMP) / Customized Engine Maintenance Plan (CEMP) documents.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 5 + years' experience which includes repair and maintenance of turbofan aircraft engines OR
Master's degree and 3 + years' experience which includes repair and maintenance of turbofan aircraft engines.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or an engineering discipline
- Five years or more experience and a solid record of accomplishments related to the repair and maintenance of turbofan aircraft engines.
- Self-starter with demonstrated adaptability competency.
- Excellent communicator with ability to work collaboratively with others who may have differing agendas.
- Proficient in Continuous Improvement tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc
- Data-based problem solver.
- Strong problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills are essential.
- Experience in the development/maintenance & overhaul of turbofan aircraft engines
- B.S. degree in Engineering.