Power Outage Management and Scheduling Manager
We are looking for Power Outage Management and Scheduling Manager for our client in Fort Gibson, ?OK
Job Title: Power Outage Management and Scheduling Manager
Job Location: Fort Gibson, ?OK
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Provide outage management and scheduler support throughout the preplanning, execution, and post close-out phases of outages or multiple transmission construction projects across multiple plants or areas of the company.
- Responsibilities include development, maintenance, and progress reporting of integrated CPM outage schedules throughout lifecycle of outage(s) or transmission construction projects.
- Provide schedule analysis and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with established scheduling specifications and guidelines.
- Provide and obtain feedback to promote continuous improvement to scheduling process.
Level of Responsibility:
- Complex responsibilities related to primary focus of job area.
- Uses best practices and in-depth business knowledge to solve complex problems and improve products or services.
- May adapt procedures, processes and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of position.
- Coordinate scheduling activities and act as masterscheduler across large outages or outages across multiple plants, or multiple large capital transmission construction projects.
- Mentor and provide guidance to less experienced and/or skilled schedulers.
- Responsible to create and maintain scheduling standards and to ensure outage or project schedules conform to consistent scheduling standards and guidelines and to guide others, as needed.
- Typically will work on larger, more complex outages (e.g. coal plant outages) with a larger number of projects included in the outages.
- Lead creation of schedulingtemplates to create consistencies and
- efficiencies in scheduling processes.
- Develop and maintain logic tied, resource loaded integrated CPM
- outage schedules throughout life cycle of outage (pre-outage,execution, and post outage) utilizing applicable scheduling software.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain multiple schedules utilizing
- applicable scheduling software.
- Integrate plant, engineering and contractor schedules into the integrated CPM outage schedule and continuously monitor progress with project interface milestones.
- Conduct critical path analysis for schedules. Update the schedules during outage or project execution.
- Review and validate initial resource estimates/loading and scheduledurations for all work activities identified for the outage(s) or transmission construction projects.
- Identify potential problems and
- propose solutions to Outage or Project Manager.
- Work closely with outage team, engineering, and contractors in
- development, maintenance, and progress reporting of integrated CPM
- outage schedules.
- Provide schedule analysis and recommendations to necessary Power Supply Management, as well as guidance and direction to Outage or Project team to avoid schedule variances.
- Identify deficiencies,analyze alternatives and recommend solutions to schedule conflicts and variances.
- Attend and support outage improvement team meetings.
- Provide and obtain feedback to promote continuous improvement to the scheduling process and overall ORI (Outage Readiness Index) process.
- Recommend changes to existing methods, procedures and processes to improve
- overall outage activities.
- Maintain and improve qualifications and proficiency for the duties
- and responsibilitiesassociated with the requirements of
- Outage/Transmission Project Scheduler.
- Support integration and schedule interface with cost management
- May maximize overall equipment availability and reliability by balancing outage activities and ensuring scheduling is integrated into scheduling across the plant or plants, as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain scheduling standards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively with
- shifting priorities while maintaining positive work relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to
- define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, analyze, and summarize
- information and to transfer knowledge effectively to less experienced
- team members.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems; taking a new
- perspective using existing solutions.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of MS Projects and/or Primavera P6.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to less experienced or
- skilled schedulers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain logic tied, resource
- loaded integrated CPM outage schedules throughout life cycle of outage
- (pre-outage, execution, and post-outage) utilizing MS projects.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of outage management and project
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information, concepts
- and ideas effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of power plant systems and
- interrelationships as well as equipment maintenance practices.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of various drawing types used at
- generating stations such as P&ID's, schematics, etc.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including MS-Office Suite (e.g.
- Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated strong ability to learn and adapt across varied working
- conditions and evolving business needs.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree Engineering, Construction Management or other related technicalfield (e.g. Power Generation) combined with Three (3)
- years of power plant maintenance planning and/or scheduling work
- experience or (in lieu of Bachelor's degree)
- Associate's degree in a technical field (e.g. Power Generation) combined with Five (5) years of directly related technical work experience within a power generation or related industrial environment (e.g. Plant Mechanic, Control Operator, Lineman, Technician in Power Supply or Power Delivery) or (in lieu of
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree
- High School Diploma combined with Eight (8) years of directly related technical work experience within power generation or related industrial environment (e.g., Plant Mechanic, Control Operator, Lineman, Technician in Power Supply or
- Power Delivery).
- Five (5) year's outage and/or project schedulingexperience utilizing MS Projects or Primavera P6 within power generation or related industrial environment (e.g., chemical, petroleum).
- Valid State Driver's License.