The ideal candidate is a self-driven opportunity hunter with a strong desire to learn and grow, who has a competitive spirit and is motivated by a challenge. As the technical expert on our power meter product line, this individual will be expected to execute a sales strategy to grow our power meter sales, provide input on the product roadmap, and be a technical resource for the sales team. A background in power management, power/sub metering, or similar is a must for success in this role.
- Promotes Power Meter technologies in North America and with various accounts and Customers
- Develops power meter portfolio of customers using a pro-active approach, creating excellent relations with decision-makers for these accounts, to position our products.
- Aggressively search out and close new power meter project business and key OEM partnerships quickly
- Build strong relationships across the industry and with key clients and maintain an open flow of communication.
- Develop and implement analytically robust framework for screening and evaluating strategic sales opportunities, both proactively and in reaction to market inquiries.
- Drive new business development efforts to find and grow channel & end user base nationwide
- Coordinates relationships with customers, keeping them informed of technical upgrades of our products.
- Have the imagination and initiative to develop and recommend additional sales approaches and techniques, where there may be no established approach, which will be used to improve efficiency, accuracy and financial performance.
- Collaborate with engineering department and sales team to identify and solve a variety of client’s technical challenges to meet the performance criteria and customers’ needs.
- Oversee all aspects of the deal-making process, including analysis, product specification, due diligence and negotiations.
- Support outside sales team as a technical sales resource (products vs applications)
- Travel to customer locations as required
- Present company products, services and pricing information articulately
- Manage geographic region from an entrepreneurial mindset
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to understand customer needs to present them a competitive, effective solution
- Ability to consultatively sell by listening to customer pain points vs presenting features
- Able to partner with system integrator to amplify your selling efforts; constant strategic activity equals success
- Deep knowledge of electrical sub-meters, power management, and electrical metering market
- A sales hunter mentality with a structured, relentless pursuit of key opportunities
- Ability to understand, and articulate technical data to varying types of stakeholders
- Portrays company and self clearly and professionally in person, over phone, and email
- Maintains a service-oriented and customer-focused mindset
- 5+ years of sales, engineering, or customer-facing experience selling into electrical markets
- Proven history of success in a technical sales, individual contributor role, managing large geographic territory
- In depth knowledge of electrical systems and power management systems
- Proven ability to identify and pursue the greatest avenues for success
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience at effectively teaching and delivering training/support to sales team
- Knowledge of building automation and controls market
- Prior experience utilizing salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Owning the revenue growth metric through launching power meter products in new markets with new customers
- Ability to build brand recognition
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar technical field preferred
TRAVEL: 60% travel required for the position