Power Management - Prototyping Software Engineer
- Job Number: 53348280
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 31-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple’s Platform Architecture team is looking for an exceptional senior software engineer to develop, prototype and evaluate a variety of power management algorithms. The ideal candidate is a self-driven fearless individual that takes initiative, creatively explores solutions, and uses data driven analysis to evaluate prototype implementations. The engineer will be part of a product-focused cross-functional silicon, software and system development team.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in writing, testing, and debugging complex software including OS kernel code, drivers and embedded firmware
- Broad understanding of SOC and mobile system and power delivery architectures
- Strong Hardware/Software interaction knowledge
- Programming proficiency (C++, Python or otherscripting, and assembly)
- Proven ability to dive into and navigate a large code repository
- Innovative and critical thinker with solid analytical skills
- Enjoys writing code, setting up HW/SW experiments and tenaciously analyzing complex systems
- Highly professional, collaborative, with outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of probability, statistics and techniques for dataset visualization
- 7+ years of experience in embedded system software development
Prototype and evaluate power management algorithms. You will be responsible for exploring and implementing a variety of power management firmware solutions to improve battery life, system energy efficiency while providing flawless user experience. You will work closely with SOC, system and software developers to create, prototype and evaluate HW/SW solutions for multiple product segments. You will use data driven analysis to quantify and explain cross-functional trade-offs between power consumption and user experience to influence other teams with the adoption of successfully prototyped power management concepts.
MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.