The Power Generation Lab Test Manager at the EPISCenter in Dayton, OH will be responsible for running the day to day operations of our world-class power generation and system integration test facility. This position will provide leadership and strategy to both grow our test capability and expand our test capacity. In this role, you will lead and strengthen a 25+ team who design, set-up, and conduct power generation & system integration testing.
Drive a culture of safety and compliance in all areas of the lab while looking for potential issues that may arise
- Responsible for the lab test schedule and coordination of lab modifications/upgrades around the product test schedule
- Lead a diverse engineering team with responsibility for setting priorities, shaping culture, and planning strategy
- Accountable for acquiring qualified personnel, supporting individual growth and development including training & mentoring while driving standard methodologies Ensure appropriate operating rhythm and processes are being utilized to ensure timely completion of tests, data collection and analysis
- Provide leadership with high integrity and oversight of processes protecting intellectual property, export controlled information and strategic technology
- Lead the overall lab schedule to provide resources and equipment to support all scheduled testing
- Provide leadership, technical direction and mentoring to strengthen the quality, reliability and rigor of engineering work that takes place both inside and outside the lab team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience (ncluding a focus on both people leadership and technical product testing)
- Experience working around high voltages and extensive knowledge of electrical safety
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Mechanical, Electrical and Controls experience
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse teams and working horizontally across teams
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to set vision and lead team to successful outcomes
- Strong decision maker with excellent communication skills.