We are looking for ??Power Electronics Engineer for our client in Rockford, IL
Job Title: Power Electronics Engineer
Job Location: Rockford, IL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- To take responsibility for work packages involving the specification, design and implementation of power electronic systems for aerospace range of products.
- To keep abreast of technological developments within the field of motor drive systems, power electronics and electric motor fields.
- To perform concept and detailed design of power electronic circuits for electric motor drive systems to meet the specification requirements. This to be achieved with the consideration of the size, weight and cost drivers of the larger system.
- To develop and manage requirements for the product and flow down to lower level systems.
- To develop simulation models with Matlab, Simulink and SABER to support design analysis and system specification.
- To understand the implementation of hardware and firmware/software to support system design.
- To identify and perform the necessary analysis and testing in order to verify and demonstrate correct system performance.
- To prepare the necessary reports and hold design reviews to take the design to production.
- To progress the development and validation of these designs until they are qualified and accepted in Production Standard units.
- To be aware of the design influence of reliability, safety and maintainability criteria
- Experience In Power Electronics Design (Power Supplies, Emi Filters, Etc.)
- Develop Requirements For Motor Controller Boards (Module Requirement Document & Module Implementation Document) Using Doors.
- Perform Circuit Analysis , Stress Analysis, Worst Case Analysis, Matlab Simulations, Etc.
- Knowledge On Component Selection, Board Design, Simulation, Schematics Capture
- Board Level Testing& Validation Of Requirements
- Preparation Of Development & Qualification Test Plans And Test Reports.
- Experience Of Working Within The Aerospace Industry
- Good Written And Verbal Communication Skills.
- Experience Giving Technical Presentations.
- Experience Working In A Multi-Disciplinary Team Environment.
- Knowledge Of Or Experience With The Some Of The Following Software Tools: Doors, Mathcad, Simulink , Matlab, Mentor Graphics