Seeking an individual to work on cutting edge Smart Power Stage devices. Smart Power Stages are integral to our high performance digitalvoltage regulation solutions. A successful candidate will have strong desire and ability to work in a technically challenging environment with other top performers to continue Intersil’s development of industry leading power system solutions.
This is an opportunity to contribute in a top tier technical team developing industry leading power system solutions. To succeed, you will need to combine strong technical understanding of power semiconductor performance tradeoffs with excellent problem solving skills in a team environment.
- Support the development of best in class power MOSFET devices for Smart Power Stage applications. Success in this position requires working between functional groups to clearly understand market requirements, provide design targets, and verify performance at both the device and system level.
- Develop power loss models to aid device design in making parametric tradeoffs.
- Benchmark competitive products.
- Characterize power devices and complete power stage assemblies.
- Analyze power losses to provide insight to support smart driverdesigns.
- Develop test strategies to verify system level robustness of final designs.
- BS or MS in Engineering or technical equivalent and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the power management industry.
- Experience modeling power converter losses and/or experience in power semiconductor characterization.
- Proficiency with ckt simulation and PCB CAD tools.
- Excellent lab based problem solving skills. Ability to follow data to root cause.