The Power Conversion Lead Engineer is a member of the Corporate Research &Technology’s, Power SystemsTechnologies department,reporting to theTechnology Manager or GlobalTechnology Director. Eaton’s Corporate Research andTechnology (CRT) has an exciting and rewarding position of a Power Conversion Lead Engineer tosupport research andtechnology development in emergingtechnology programs. The job function includes developing and testing innovative power conversiontechnologies and identifying market opportunities for the newtechnologies,support businesses to evaluate market studies and develop business cases. The individual will also identifyinternal and external funding resource,support discussions with national labs and university leaders to be on top of the keytechnologies identified. A key role will be to establish customer relationships, present ideas and projects to Eaton business leaders and CRT leadership. Ability to communicate complicatedtechnologies in a clear and concise way to a variety of different audiences (business leaders, technical colleagues and lay people). A good blend of technical knowledge and business acumen isrequired to be successful in this position. The successful candidate will bereporting to theTechnology Manager for PST. This position is in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Primary functions:
- As a technical leader, create emerging power conversion & power system solutions based on breakthrough technologies for industrial, automotive, truck, and aerospace applications.
- Develop technology projects by supporting teams (local and remote resources) and working with external technology resources (Business Divisions, Universities and Customers).
- Advance state of the art power electronics, power systems, and power converter technologies, as well as identify and develop commercialization opportunities with diverse Eaton businesses.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams, lead specific task within the scope of work and provide updates to project manager.
- PhD degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3years’ industrial or entrepreneurial experience.
- 3years of experience in low and medium voltage power conversion and power systems engineering
- 3years demonstrated expertise in the following areas: Motor Drive technology, drive/converter topologies, high-power electronics; electric machines and controls; electrification of vehicles, energy storage, and grid connected converters; alternative power generation and distribution.
- 3years of experience in modeling power converters and power systems using simulation tools
- 3years of experience in power electronics electromechanical packaging techniques
- Experience in leading government funded projects and proposals.
- Experience with real time simulators such as DSPACE, OPAL-RT and/or RTDS.
- Experience formulating value proposition of new technologies.
- Entrepreneurial experience or related commercial experience
- Appreciation for the trade-offs necessary to achieve designs that meet performance requirements and cost objective solutions.
- Proven track record in new technology development with multiple stakeholders in a matrixed organizations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 046823