Shutterfly, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Power BI Architect to join our team. As a Power BI Architect your primary role will be to manage the daily operations of a BI reporting platform from initial configuration to user management and development. This role will be responsible for developing methods for improving customer experience in utilizing Power BI data and reporting services including: patches/updates, security, account management and capacity management. This role will also partner to support the buildout of visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop. The candidate should have a combination of strong BI technical acumen, analytical skills, and interpersonal and communication skills.
What You'll Do Here:
- Support day-to-day administration, monitoring and health checks of the Power BI reporting platform
- Maintain accurate and complete technical architectural documents.
- Define standards, guidelines and best practices to ensure maximum performance and efficiency of Power BI platform
- Develop security and authentication standards for the organization.
- Lead BI platform upgrades in development, testing and documentation.
- Collaborate with BI Developers and Data Engineers to ensure successful development of BI reporting and analytic solutions.
- Architect new analytic capabilities and solutions
- Lead and mentor team members on platform capabilities
- Development of reports and dashboards in Power BI Desktop
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 5+ years experience in data warehouse/BI architecture, design, and reporting experience.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL queries for data analysis
- 4+ years of hands-on working experience in Power BI.
- Strong experience with BI platform administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving technical problems (preferably Power BI)
- Power BI Premium Capacity experience
- Ability to draw conclusions/insights and translate those findings to develop recommendations for leadership action
- Understanding and experience with retail and production business analysis and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
It's Not Required But It's Nice To Have: