Power Applications Engineer: Modeling for Automated Design
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winningsemiconductors that make the world more integrated.
We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company.
So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement.Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. Withanalogintegration, the possibilities are endless.
We are seeking a Power Electronics Applications Engineering focused on modeling. The role will primarily consist of developing models for our EE-Sim Design Environment – an online tool that assists customers in their design work. This will involve;
- Creating EE-Sim “Design Models” including:
- Coding the mathematical models that are used to create DC/DC converter designs from the customer’s stated requirements.
- Developing the schematic design for each design topology for each IC
- Setting up the user interface and output waveform/circuit information provided to the customer using our internal development environment and related details that ensure a quality end design.
- Developing behavioral models for our DC/DC converter chips in the SIMPLIS simulator
You will be working closely with, and learning from, our expert power electronics applications engineer who bring these products to market, as well asothermembers of the EE-Sim team to;
- Acquire the knowledge of the chip being modeled
- Define the scope of the model development
- Validate that the model properly creates useful and accurate designs.
This role will be based at our corporate headquarters in San Jose supporting most projects at this location. Some projects will involve working with engineers in otherlocations in the USA and other countries.
This job will involve developing, building, modifying and/or testing hardware in the lab as needed to support the modeling effort.
Secondary responsibilities will include building and maintaining a library of detailed component data for EE-Sim, providing technical support to Maxim engineers (mostly FAEs) and customers for EE-Sim related issues, including creating some reference designs
- BSEE or equivalent
- 3 years of industry experience in circuit design/systems development
- Must have solid working knowledge of the fundamentals ofanalogand power electronics.
- Must be familiar with DC/DC converter technology and common circuits
- Must have hands-on experience with DC/DC converters
- Experience in programming with high levellanguages of any type.
- Python experience is a plus
- Experience withcircuitsimulation; Spice, etc.
- SIMPLIS experience is a plus
- Good English writing skills
- Good communications skills in general
- Must be comfortable with a job that requires learning while working
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.