Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility has an opening for a Power and Energy SETA/System Engineer. This position requires a subject matter expert in power and energy. This may include experience in raw materials, cells, batteries, modules, large systems, AC power, grids (Nano, micro, regular), low power electronics, smart battery management systems, wearable electronics, and/or power electronics. Experience should include manufacturing, research and development, test and evaluation, and/or system level integration.
Position requires some travel.
Roles and Responsibilities: Position requires strong system engineering perspective and leadership skills to support a government team in technical coordination, risk assessment, progress tracking, and implementation trades. The Engineer will support the oversight of development contractor activities, including planning of verification and test activities, and test witnessing. The candidate must have outstanding oral and written communication skills, proven leadership ability, and a strong desire to work in a dynamic team environment. This person must also be highly skilled in Excel, PowerPoint and Project to support program activities.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Requires a Master’s Degree
- Requires 10 years’ of relevant experience. In the case of PhD's (and possibly advanced scientific degrees), time spent towards thesis will count as relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others.
- Experience writing requirements documents, test plans, standard operating procedures and other common engineering or architecture documents
- Current TS/SCI clearance