SSW Holding Company, Inc, has an opening for a Powder Coat Engineer in our Clinton, Iowa facility.
Facility Address: 2005 S 19th St, Clinton, IA 52732
What we offer:
At SSW Holding Company, Inc, we focus on our core values:
- Honesty, Integrity, Accountability
- Caring About People
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork & Communication
- Change, Improvement & Innovation
SSW Holding Co, Inc offers great benefits including health, dental, vision, FSA, & 401K to name a few.
What you will do:
- Ensure that all quality levels set for powder-coating are met or exceed expectations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot.
- Development of tooling for coating processes.
- Perform design/analysis calculations for components of projects
- Solid understanding of process research and ability to develop controls based on this data for improving capability of the production process.
- Generate analysis and/or inspectionreports.
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects – pertaining to the finishing line.
- Provide support to the entire engineering team and respond to requests for information.
- Assess potential risks, materials, and costs for each project scope, whilst including quoting activities.
A highly successful candidate will have knowledge of the following:
- Expert knowledge in interpretation of product and manufacturing drawings and specifications that define coating and masking requirements
- Spot welding and seam welding experience.
- Expert knowledge in process control for coatings as well as in statistical process analysis and design-of-experiments
- Knowledge in developing maintenance activities on coating powder feed systems.
- Understanding of Fanuc robot programming and/or maintenance experience.
- Knowledge in project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 5+ years of powder-coat experience.
- Process Engineeringexperience is highly preferred with the powder-coating experience.
What you need to succeed:
- Be a self-starter
- Detail oriented
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills