The Poultry Sales Manager will lead and develop our strategy, sales teams, and processes to achieve revenue targets within Cargill's Poultry business. We seek an experienced professional who will provide strategic vision and tactical direction while overseeing and directing the responsibilities of employees. In this role, you will represent our organization in promoting and selling a wide range of poultry produces and services.
- Organize and coordinate sales operations supporting Northeast and Midwest geographic regions.
- Provide executive sponsorship for key poultry accounts.
- Evaluate market potential and the status of sales in the Northeast and Midwest areas.
- Plan and organize sales projects and activities for a geographical area.
- Identify potential customers and nurture existing customer relationships.
- Plan, develop and deliver the go-to-market strategy for poultry products, services and associated brands.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Minimum of six years of poultry-related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and executing strategy
- Experience understanding customer context, uncovering customer key performance indicators, articulating customer objectives, and adding value to partnerships.
- Experience in business development in highly competitive, mature markets.
- Experience leading in a multicultural, cross-functional, and multi-location team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- In-depth knowledge in the poultry industry including nutrition, production, and health.
- Extensive industry network including contacts and relationships.
- Previous success coaching, mentoring, and team building.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and persuasive skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 10 years of poultry-related experience.
Preferred locations include Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, but open to all remote candidates in the US.