Location: New Carrollton, MD
Alltech is an award winning provider of IT services with nationwide project capabilities. Since 1994, Alltech’s focus on quality support to the Federal Government and Government Integrators has led it to become a leader in the Federal Services marketplace.
Alltech is seeking a PostGres DBA to join our team in New Carrollton, MD.
Security Clearance: Active PUBLIC TRUST LEVEL 6 is Preferred!
A PostGres DBA with skills in PostGres DB design, performance tuning, maintenance, PG best practices, & PL/pgSQL. The PostGres DBA will manage a Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) DCA and Oracle and handle all PDM management, deployment, and validation across multiple databases. Experience in MPP databases (Netezza, Teradata, Greenplum) a major plus along withexperience as an Oracle DBA. This is a highly complex and extremely large database environment with thousands of tables and and tens of thousands of fields in one PDM. Duties include:
- Job Duty 1 with % of time – Manage an MPP Data Computing Appliance (DCA) with a PostGres architecture as the DBA and multiple development and testing databases. All PostGres best practices from a DBA perspective is to be applied along with the MPP best practices based on experience or on the job training. Grow and develop the DBA expertise and practice on the program. Become the go-to person in DB management. (70%)
- Job Duty 2 with % of time – Establish and champion DBA best practices along with owning and updating the DB process and change management. (20%)
- Job Duty 3 with % of time - Understand and comply with development standards and SDLC to ensure consistency across the business (5%)
- Job Duty 4 with % of time - Collaborate with Client SMEs, IBM team and other vendor teams (5%)
- PostGres database design and performance tuning skills. 5+
- PL/pgSQL 4+.
- Advanced SQL skills 4+
- Good oral communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- MPP (Netezza, Teradata, or Greenplum) Database design and performance tuning skills 4+
- MPP-Informatica Power Exchange skills 3+
- Oracle database design & performance tuning skills 3+.
- Java or Shell scriptingexperience. 3+
- SAS Scoring Accelerator in Greenplum Database skills 2+
- Prior IRSexperience