We are looking for a PostdoctoralResearch Scientist to focus on developing novel VR/AR interactions that incorporate gaze, body, and environment input signals and enable more expressive and less cognitively demanding interfaces. Our research involves both fundamental research on novel interfaces, input devices and interaction techniques, as well as evaluations of how specific interface choices impact the userexperience. Come work alongside expert research scientists,software engineers, andhardware engineers to create the technology that makes virtual and augmented reality pervasive and universal. The position is a fixed termcontract for 24months.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance VR/AR user interfaces.
- Develop principled methods to combine multiple input modalities (e.g., gaze, speech, gestures, etc.) to create novel VR/AR interactions that are tolerant to input noise and uncertainty.
- Collaborate with UX researchers and designers to evaluate the effectiveness of developed solutions through rigorous user evaluations.
- Collaborate with other researchers, software and hardware engineers, and 3D artists to develop experiments and concepts that advance the broader set of group projects.
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in computer science, human-computer interaction, robotics, electrical engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with software development (C/C++) and knowledge of 3D math as it relates to 3D user interface scenarios.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods to analyze user research data.
- Experience achieving research results, including publication record in peer reviewed journals and conferences (e.g., UIST, CHI, SIGGRAPH, ETRA, CVPR, etc.).
- Interpersonal and presentation experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US for a two-year period beginning in 2018.
- Experience with 3D computer graphics and virtual or augmented reality software and development.
- Experience with game engines (Unreal or Unity).
- Experience with applying machine learning models to the real-time interaction problems.
- Experience with eye tracking, hand tracking and/or interface optimization techniques.