A postdoctoral position is available to study the functional effects of genetic variation associated with human disease. We are seeking highly motivated candidates (PhD, MD, or MD/PhD).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The applicant will develop and apply high-throughput methods for multiplex analysis of variant effects for a variety of human disease genes. In addition to providing molecular biology and cell culture expertise, the applicant will provide some degree of broad-based programming and analytic support to synthesize the data into a broader biological context. The ideal applicant will share scientific information by writing manuscripts and presenting data in seminars and conferences.
- PhD in Genomics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or a related discipline.
- Familiarity with R programming language, genomic data, and databases.
- Experience in writing and applying analysis scripts (Python, Perl, etc) in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Proven critical thinking skills and demonstrated ability to manage and interpret large biological data sets.
- Recent graduates eligible to apply for NIH or other postdoctoral fellowships are strongly encouraged.
Base salary is commensurate with experience.