This position seeks to investigate cellular and molecular mechanisms of inflammatory osteolysis and regulation of metabolism, skeletal homeostasis and pathology. The approaches include the development and use of genetically engineered mice as disease models of inflammatory bone lysis to mimic human bone pathologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The candidate will work closely with the principal investigator to outline research goals, review relevant literature, design research protocols independently based on methods in the literature related to research project, including developing procedures for data collection, verification and management of project.
- The candidate will also present data at meetings, and assists with grant preparation and publication of results.
- The candidate will participate in routine daily functions of the laboratory as a team player.
Applicant should have at least a Doctorate degree (M.D. and/or Ph.D.) with basic experience in research lab operations and relevant training in cell and molecular biology, preferably related to immunology, inflammation and bone.
- The applicant should be highly motivated, organized, reliable, and career-driven.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a research laboratory setting, to work independently and communicate effectively is important.
- Should have troubleshooting skills, an ability to maintain complete and organized records, and a working knowledge of standard computer software and general lab equipment.
- Candidate must have excellent skills in cell cultures, basic knowledge on mouse genetics, ablity to handle mice, molecular biology skills (cloning, mutagenesis, transcriptional analysis, perform mouse genotyping, isolation of mRNA and analysis, plasmid and retrovirus preparation and gene transfer), and protein analyses (Western blot, FACS, IHC/IF and ELISA).
- Advanced protein chemistry and molecular biology, microscopy, flow cytometry, and computer literacy including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.