Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking two highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellows to support the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology located at the Uniformed Services University of Health Services (USUHS) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USUHS.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will study mitochondrial dynamics and biogenesis in Drosophila in the laboratory of Dr. Rachel Cox. These positions will require Drosophila genetics, immunostaining, confocal microscopy and bioinformatics. Thus, a demonstration of previous work with these techniques is preferred, but not necessary.
- Design and performs laboratory experiments, including collection and organization of data as well as troubleshooting. Makes detailed observations about experiments.
- Provides data analysis and interpretation.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
- Performs data entry for research projects, and maintains databases.
- Maintains compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Possess a strong background and track record in biochemistry and molecular biology, possess a strong background in cellular biology, possess basic microscopy training, ability to be proactive and productive, ability to communicate effectively, be self-motivated, have demonstrated their ability to work independently.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: PhD in a scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years of laboratory experience
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Radiation Safety (WRAIR)
Physical Capabilities: long periods of standing and sitting; handling various chemicals
Work Environment: laboratory environment
Job ID: 212365