- Leads and assists in designing, developing, validating, and implementing scientific research tasks in genomics and transcriptomics biomedical research.
- Reviews and integrates scientific literature and methodologies to improve interpretation and investigative components for human genetic association research tasks in this study.
- Performs high-throughput laboratory research utilizing experimental protocols, which will involve specialized procedures such as sequencing library preparation, quality control of high complexity molecular samples, whole genome and comprehensive transcriptome sequencing and analysis.
- Perform accurate project and samples tracking, provides real-time status updates on project milestones and outcomes and keeps detailed records of experiments.
- Assists and presents interpreted data at laboratory data meetings, university seminars, and scientific meetings and for publication in journals.
- Assists with training junior laboratory personnel as needed.
- Maintenance of laboratory areas and equipment.
- Performs regulatory and safety compliance training.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of cellular and molecular biology principles and methodologies. Understanding of genomics-transcriptomics applications and technologies. Ability to analyze medium-scale datasets with understanding of key statistical principles and tests. Ability to generate interpreted results by text and graphical software.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: PhD in a related scientific biomedical research discipline
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years